KV Taylor's Reviews > Young Avengers: Ultimate Collection

Young Avengers by Allan Heinberg

Jan 08, 2012

bookshelves: comics-graphic-novels-and-tpbs
Read in January, 2012

I snagged this for a friend for Christmas this year, thinking it was a good start to ease into comics -- also that the Young Avengers are the most entertaining team in comics right now, so there's that. Realized I was missing random issues from the first two volumes when I went back through my collection and asked for it as a gift myself. And voila!

I read it all through again tonight, and I cannot stress how awesome this is. On pretty much every level, I love the beginning of the YA run, and I love that it's conveniently collected in this TPB. Fabulous.

PS: Speed is the best. That is all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Young Avengers.

message 1: by ravenm (new)

ravenm As the friend in question, I just have to say it was a HELLA AWESOME present! It successfully hooked me, and now I'm going to go broke buying Young Avengers comics until I wind up panhandling for spare change to buy my next issue. It's worth it -- especially Billy and Teddy, as well as Speed/Tommy.

message 2: by Katey (new)

Katey Hawthorne Yeah and I want to eat Kate's bossy-hot face off. When Tommy kissed her in the elevator (okay that's in a different book, but um--) I was living vicariously.

I am glad you like it <3

... and uhhh I am logged into the wrong goodreads account but whatever. What's new? :D

And seriously, Billy and Teddy. Cutest. Comic. Couple. Ever. EVER.