Melissa's Reviews > Unraveling

Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris

Jan 25, 12

Read from January 08 to 25, 2012

WOW. WOW. WOW. This book is something totally different from YA out there right now that it will knock your freakin socks off! This book I fell in love with right from the start. Seriously this book starts out with a BANG and does not let up! This book has you crying, laughing and screaming with frustration!

Janelle is awesome and I think takes the top spot for female characters because seriously she takes it all on her shoulders and if your her friend in this book you will know it. She will have your back the whole time and not look back or regret or question why she has helped you, why she took the fall. She is just that kind of person and after she gets hit by a truck and mysterious Ben brings her back to life she wants some answers. But Ben is going to lengths trying to ignore her but HELLO her dad is an FBI agent and she does not give up easily.

As she is drawn to Ben for unknown reasons she can't explain some weird things are happening. She snoops in her dads files for some answers but comes back with so much more. She takes it all on with her childhood friend Alex who you fall in love with instantly, he is her other half. He is the voice of reason and Janelle doesn't listen to reason! They go on this adventure to figure out what the timer is counting down till, why did Ben save her and what is he?! As Janelle and Ben get closer she is finding out more and more and connecting some dots she didn't know were there. There are so many questions left unanswered. Janelle loses way too much in this book and I think I cried ALOT but the tears were worth it.

Ben is an amazing character too. At first he comes off as a stoner and slacker but the more she gets to know him she realizes the opposite of Ben is true he is super smart and can heal people. As I said before they get close to eachother and you all know where that leads but something unthinkable happens and it KILLED me! Seriously I cried for days! I am hoping there is another book but if not this was one hell of a book I recommend to you all!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unraveling.