Deana M's Reviews > Dark Summer

Dark Summer by Iris Johansen

Jan 13, 12

Read from January 08 to 12, 2012

This is my second book that I've read by Iris Johansen. I have to say, I am addicted. Devon is a vet who helps at disaster sights where dogs who have a special ability to find injured people are used. She is there in case anything should happen to the animals. Marrok is on the island where a disaster occurred and his dog Ned (black lab) is there searching for anyone who may be alive, but he isn't there legally. Devon and Marrok meet when Ned is shot. Marrok knows who is responsible and why his dog was shot. Devon takes care of Ned, but she notices that Ned has an ability to heal faster than is humanly or canine impossible. Marrok leaves Devon a note asking her to take care of Ned while he attends to some business. Little does she know that her life will never be same, and she is put in a deadly line of a very dangerous man. Danner is Marrok's enemy and will stop at nothing to get his hands on Ned and 3 other dogs...the dogs are said to emanate a special healing power to those who are sick. Danner wants the dogs dead so he can find out what makes them so powerful. Marrok will stop at nothing to keep those dogs, the dog's guardian's, Devon, and those close to her as well safe. This book is really good and the ending was a bit of a surprise. I highly recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Summer.