Alana Murray's Reviews > Crossing

Crossing by Andrew Xia Fukuda

F 50x66
Jan 08, 2012

It started off as a kid in high school, Xing a loner, an outcast, who was either bullied for being Chinese or ignored because no one knew him. He narrates the story in first person, with some excerpts from the news, and local paper. The author, Andrew Fukuda, wrote this novel amazingly. With wording that was easy to understand but at the same time kept one thinking. As it comes to and end it keeps you going with a "who done it" sense, as children in Xing's high school begin to disappear. Being as quiet as he is, it allows him to sneak under the radar and come closer to solving the case.

I wasn't expecting the book to be as good as it was, my only thing was I wish it had more of a solid ending, then leaving it so open-ended. I wish the author would have given it a set ending instead of leaving it up to the reader to imagine. This is a great novel for high schooler's because I feel it really opens up the eyes of how cruel kids can really be, and make's one think about their actions and how it can affect others. It also has a good little mystery going on, which helps to keep one intrigued.

Overall, it was a great story, and I would definitely recommend it to others!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crossing.