Charlotte Phillips's Reviews > Storm Born

Storm Born by Richelle Mead

Mar 11, 2012

Read from March 10 to 11, 2012

I was glad to be able to read the first book in the series, because it meant that I was able to catch up with what was happening and to be able to understand the story from the beginning. What I love is the way that the characters are so well developed here within the book that you get a sense of who they are and what there like. there was a whole lot of personality raging throughout this book that just had me drawn in. Usually a book like this would have taken me a few days to read because of other things going on around me. But I found myself somewhat unable to to put the book down and I think thats why Richelle Mead is one of my favorite authors. She has that ability to attract you from the word go which means you do just find yourself absorbed into a whole new world, where your a new person and everything is happening at once. Eugenie is certainly a strong sense of character which makes every woman feel like she can be just as strong and courageous as her. The author just seems to put a lot of expression into her to make her feel like a chracter of and on the pages, almost so you get this sense of her being very real and alive. Yet at the same time, you can see the weak side to her, the part that is scared everyday despite how much she may hide it and I think that this is a side that we can all relate to because we all have this ability to hide the weak when we want to appear strong.

However, I don't think that there is a person in the world who can state that both Kiyo and Dorian sound ugly in this book, because even I found myself lusting for them and with all the sexual references... well all females may just find themselves coming a little more alive, if you get what I mean. I do like the fact that Richelle Mead has that ability to write from both an adult and a childrens perspective because it means that you get more of a chance to really see the skills that she possess, and this is certainly a book for the adults. I would not advertise any mind that isn't mature to read this!!! the imagery is somewhat vivid, you really get a sense of the area, what the characters look like and what is going on around. The novel itself just seems to make sure that your mind is fully active and that you are never, for once second, bored with what is going on. I love the fact that I was unable to put it down and that I had to keep reading. it just made it a very enjoyable read.

If I had anything negative to say, then I would say it, but I do not. there is mystery, suspense, drama, love and lust and romance. there is just everything that a good book needs and it all flows without their being too much confusion within the lines, if any at all. I would recommend this book to anyone mature enough because I think its just one of those books that has everything within its pages.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Storm Born.