Dulcetpurr's Reviews > Camille

4520199
Aug 25, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read from January 08 to 14, 2012

For a book that has such an awesome concept, such a potential for wonderful complex characters, and room for some major action and conflict, this book was incredibly dull. Nothing happened. Seriously. Nothing.

Camille and her guardian, Dr. Bennett, are werewolf hunters. That is until they find a young man who's been bitten that they think can help them in their quest for a cure. We join Camille at the moment they discover this young man, Nathaniel Strider. And then Camille mooned and swooned about the rest of the book, pining over Strider. Strider, by the way, has virtually no redeeming qualities, so I, as the reader, couldn't even like him. He's a womanizer and a thief. So why does Camille fall so hard for him? He's handsome and can whisper a good sweet nothing? Please.

Camille is none too likable herself. Total wet blanket, always falling all over herself and Strider, always punishing her guardian for hurt feelings. Yawn.

This story could've gone out with a bang, and I fully expected it to. There was 200+ pages of boring build up, I thought it had to go somewhere. And then it doesn't.

I don't get it. The author can actually write well. She set up what could've been a great story and then did absolutely nothing with it. It was a chore to slog through this.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Camille.