Barb 's Reviews > Death in the Clouds

Death in the Clouds by Agatha Christie

Jan 14, 12

Read from January 08 to 13, 2012

I gave Agatha Christie's "Death in the Clouds" (also published as "Death in the Air") 4 stars because there's not a selection that allows for 3.5. It's one of her shorter mysteries and a quick read. It features her little Belgian detective Hercule Poirot, who is one of my top 5 favorite fictional characters.

Christie gives a sort of "locked-room mystery" with this story. A murder occurs inside an airplane cabin while the craft is in flight. Our famous detective is on board as one of the passengers but is not at his most aware due to a stomach ailment. Christie gives us a victim, several plausible suspects and an exotic method of murder...a blow pipe and dart fashioned with snake poison. Once the plane has landed, Poirot is challenged to unravel the motive, the method and the murderer.

"Death in the Clouds" provides the mystery-lover with an intriguing puzzle, engaging characters and the brilliance of one of fiction's greatest detectives. The book was published in 1935 and hasn't lost a bit of its charm. I love a good old-fashioned mystery and Agatha Christie's "Death in the Clouds" delivers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death in the Clouds.

01/08/2012 page 68