Rose's Reviews > Entwined

Entwined by Heather Dixon

F 50x66
Jan 08, 12

Read in September, 2011

I loved this one! It’s a Twelve Dancing Princesses retelling, but it’s fresh and warm and funny and lovely. One that sticks in your mind afterwards. Great things about this book: the villain tricks you at first as much as he does the princesses, and his evil is all the stronger because of it. Lord Bradford and Teddie are wonderful in their respective ways. The magic feels real, and works. And the love story between the daughters and the King is very, VERY well done. Just excellent.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Entwined.

Wendy I'm adding it to my list! I have a thing for that particular fairytale.

Rose I think you'll really like this one!

Dawn As long as it's not the Barbie version of The Twelve Dancing Princesses, it sounds good! I know it's not, I've just suffered through watching that movie with Eve. :)

Rose Heh--yes, "suffering" is the right word for that Barbie movie (or um, any of them?) No, Entwined is really good. I read it from the library, but it's one I'd like to have my own copy of at some point.

message 5: by Wendy (last edited Feb 03, 2012 09:21PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Wendy I read it all in one sitting, staying up way too late again. :} Like you, I love how the father/daughters relationship develops. I was furious with the King for the first half of the book, but then it turns, and everyone grows in real and touching ways. I suspected Keeper from the beginning, but the depth of his evil was chilling. I'd like to have my own print copy eventually, too, but if you happen to have a Kindle, Entwined is on sale for 99 cents this week!

message 6: by Dawn (last edited Feb 25, 2012 06:41PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dawn Rose, I agree with you that the villain is beguiling at first. Kind of reminds me of Satan in the Garden.

Rose Dawn wrote: "Rose, I agree with you that the villain is beguiling at first. Kind of reminds me of the Satan in the Garden."

Or all those dangerous but alluring fictional boyfriends who happen to be dangerous monsters as well...

Dawn Rose wrote: "Dawn wrote: "Rose, I agree with you that the villain is beguiling at first. Kind of reminds me of the Satan in the Garden."

Or all those dangerous but alluring fictional boyfriends who happen to ..."

Good point. :) People seem to think it is sexy to flirt with evil these days.

Katherine Cowley You said you wanted your own copy of it--it is on sale for $2 right now for Kindle.