Kyra's Reviews > Irregulars

Irregulars by Nicole Kimberling

Apr 17, 12

bookshelves: anthology, favorites
Read from April 08 to 17, 2012

I picked this up because of Josh Lanyon. He's my favorite writer and before I started reading I was only truly interested in his story from this anthology. I'm so very glad I decided to read the other stories as well because this whole universe sucked me in and when I reached the very last page I was sad to see it end. Not to mention that as the anthology progressed the stories just kept getting better and better.

Cherries Worth Getting by Nicole Kimberling

It would have been a mistake to skip this one and start with the one I wanted to read the most because this story introduced us to the world of the Irregulars and set the tone for the rest of the anthology. Without reading this a lot of things would have made much less sense. It was also an enjoyable read. I loved Gunther's strange eating habits. :)

Green Glass Beads by Josh Lanyon

4 stars
I've been craving a new story from Josh Lanyon and this had everyting I love about his writing. The ending was sweet but I would have liked to spend a little more time with Rake and Archer at the end of the story.

No Life But This by Astrid Amara

Deven was my second favorite character in the whole anthology. His backstory was both horrifying and fascinating and it was interesting to see him trying to re-adjust to the world he had been taken from as a child. And he was so adorable the way he got excited over a milkshake or a watermelon. :) I also loved the slow way August and Deven realized their attraction to each other.

Things Unseen and Deadly by Ginn Hale

5 stars
This was my favorite story in the whole anthology and Henry was my favorite character. He was a hoot! I loved his sense of humor, he made me laugh out loud several times. The reason why he became half-dead was heartbreaking and I'm so glad he got his HEA as well. It was great to see the characters from the other stories make an appearance in this one way or another (although I was a bit disappointed that Archer wasn't mentioned, just Rake). So far I've only read a short story from this author and if this story is any indication of how she usually writes, then I'm very much interested in her other books.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Irregulars.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

MandyM Great review Kyra!

Kyra Thank you! :)