Paul Darcy's Reviews > Above Top Secret: The Worldwide UFO Cover-up

Above Top Secret by Timothy Good

Jan 08, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: ufology

For the benefit of classification I’ve set this up in both the “fantasy” and the “non-fiction” sections because, even after reading the entire 584 pages - I’m still not convinced one way or the other about extraterrestrials.

Timothy Good has obviously done a ton of research into the many and varied sightings of UFOS over the past several decades (up to 1988 in this book anyhow) and seems, by his closing accounts, to “believe” that we are being visited by extraterrestrials and the governments of the earth are covering up this truth.

Hmm, I say. As much as I want to believe that I simply can’t. Nothing in my personal experience leads me to conclude that beings from another planet are visiting us or sending intelligent probes to do the same. And, despite this large quantity of “evidence” (which I find suspect and circumstantial at best) presented in “Above Top Secret: The Worldwide UFO Cover Up” I just find myself not being convinced by it.

So is the book worth reading if you are interested in the UFO phenominum? I would have to say, not really, though many of the accounts are fascinating. If you must know what it is all about I’ll summerize quickly. Tons of reports gathered by Timothy through letters, interviews and Freedom of Information Act released documents. Tons of them. Did I mention tons? Which makes for a pretty dull read let me tell you despite my interest in the subject matter.

At least I didn’t find any “National Enquirer” references in the notes section.

But, tons, does not equate to “truth” in my opinion. If I tell you there are five lights over and over and over and over again, when in fact there are only four lights, chances are that over time through repetition and a sincere conviction on my part - you will come to believe that there are indeed five lights . . .

Yes, using a Science Fiction reference to make my point, but I think it is valid here.

So I let this book stand as “fantasy” and “non-fiction” and leave the believing up to the individual.

My personal opinion of the whole matter - the UFO phenominum is just a part of the program of the Matrix . . .

. . . no, really!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Above Top Secret.