Mojca's Reviews > The Next Always

The Next Always by Nora Roberts

May 19, 2015

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, nora-roberts-jd-robb, favorites
Read from May 17 to 18, 2015 — I own a copy , read count: 1

Beckett Montgomery has been crushing on Clare Brewster for years, way back when she was still a Murphy, dating his friend, but she always saw him as only a friend. She'd moved away, had three children, lost her husband to the war, and came back to her hometown six years ago...So what has made Beckett decide to make a move now, after all this time? Maybe it's the rebuilding of the old inn that feels like a rebirth, starting something new, maybe it's the nice lady ghost smelling of honeysuckle that's walking the halls of the old inn...Or maybe it's just the right time. The right place. And the right woman.

Okay, I have no idea where that introduction came from. Moving on.

I just realized (again) that Nora Roberts is my go-to author when I want to send my brain out for coffee and spend a couple of hours de-stressing with a good book. Her romance novels (the straight-up romances, no suspense required) really help me switch everything off and just enjoy reading, turning pages, visiting wonderful places, and even more wonderful characters. There's romance (without explicit "seduction scenes"—trust me, sometimes less is more), laughter, banter (I adore the back-and-forth between the characters, be it friends, family or lovers), and wonderful relationships between characters.

This first book in the Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy was no different. We're introduced to the three Montgomery brothers that are restoring an old inn, the women they (are destined to) love, their friends and families, and the close-knit community of the town of Boonsboro.
The Montgomerys (along with their mother) were a hoot, Beckett was all adorable with Clare's three sons, he and Clare were a lovely couple, the pizzeria owner was a hoot in her own right...I must say, not a single thing was out of place. Well, maybe I could've done without the "villain", but at least that was resolved quickly.

This book was one of those that, after you finish, you want to start all over again, just because you know you're gonna have fun all over again reading it. And one of those series/trilogy starters that make you itch to read the next instalment ASAP. No wonder I always wait for all the books in a NR trilogy to be released before digging in.

Loved it...And starting on the next one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Next Always.