Izzy's Reviews > Maximum Ride, Vol. 1

F 50x66
Jan 08, 2012

liked it
Read in January, 2012

This is the first manga book I've read, and I think it was pretty good, even if I finished it in about an hour. I still stand by the fact that Max has brown hair (even though JP, what with his, ahem, well crafted [haha] writing, seems to change her hair colour without warning) and I thought that Fang's long hair was a little over the top, and the Erasers looked a bit wrong, and okay this manga did have faults. The first book is my favourite of the trilogy (I've decided to pretend that all the books after StWaOES never happened/were wiped off the face of the universe. Where's the Silents when you need them?) and I was a bit annoyed to realize that this book illustrates about half of it. I was really looking forward to the make-overs in New York, but apparently I have to wait for Book 2.

So, yeah, I have mixed feelings. Not to say that the actual drawing is good, because it's brilliant and I think it captures Nudge, who is almost a secondary character and not very 3D because apparently the only 'real' members of the flock are Max, Fang and Angel, and I liked the way the artist drew their wings (though excuse me since when are Max's wings white?).

MIXED FEELINGS ARGH.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Maximum Ride, Vol. 1.