Tara's Reviews > Cinder

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Jan 28, 12

bookshelves: 2012-debut-authors, sci-fi, swoon, e-books-i-own
Read in January, 2012

Cinderella, cyborgs, a race of people who live on the moon and a swoon worthy Prince. I really enjoyed this one even though the word cyborg made me think I really didn't want to read it as sci if types of books are generally not my thing. I did keep on getting images of Arnie from Terminator as I was reading but other then that, I can't say anything bad about it! I liked the loose re-telling of Cinderella, I liked the characters, the bad character were bad, the good characters were good and the evil characters were evil. And the Prince was as charming and beautiful as he should be. I really got caught up in the fast paced intrigue and suspense and found myself turning the pages quicker and quicker to find out what was going to happen next, and the ending - even though I saw it coming - the last page was a ripper and only makes waiting for book two all the more difficult.

Oh, and I also loved Cinder's snarky comments!! When ask by the doctor if she knew that she didn't have tear ducts... Her reply was, "What? Really? And I thought I was just emotionally withdrawn.” She pulled her feet up, hugging her knees.

Bring on book two!!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cinder.