Janna's Reviews > The Rose of Winslow Street

The Rose of Winslow Street by Elizabeth Camden

Jan 07, 12

Read in January, 2012

I am so impressed by the character development in "The Rose of Winslow Street" by Elizabeth Camden. She has done an amazing thing by introducing us to two very different characters (Libby and Micheal), from two very different backgrounds (America and Romania), with two very different upbringings (I don't want to spoil anything...), and giving us one location (the house on Winslow Street) that they both have ties to, and then making them both sympathetic characters. I was never sure who it was that I wanted to end up with the house, because I could see both sides of the story. The most shocking thing to me is that Libby's dad is not a sympathetic character at all really, and yet, there is a point where we see his vulnerability and I was stunned that I could actually feel sorry for him. The way these people from different worlds end up fighting for the same piece of space was beautifully written, but most importantly I just couldn't put this book down. What a fun twist on historical romance with a slice of mystery woven into it as we follow Libby trying to figure out fact versus fiction as she digs into Micheal's past. What a fun, enjoyable book - highly recommended.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rose of Winslow Street.