sj's Reviews > The Shelters of Stone (with Bonus Content): Earth's Children, Book Five

The Shelters of Stone (with Bonus Content) by Jean M. Auel

Feb 02, 12

bookshelves: end-of-the-world-challenge, trashy-tuesday
Read from January 07 to 12, 2012

Not quite as tedious as Plains of Passage, but not as engrossing as the first two, either. So many passages were straight up lifted from the first 3 books, it wasn't even funny. Add to that the numerous re-tellings of the Mother Song and I spent the majority of this book huffing and eye-rolling.

Full review to come at some point soon.

This book received the full Trashy Tuesday treatment here: http://wp.me/p1Zgyz-dw

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shelters of Stone (with Bonus Content).

01/07/2012
01/08/2012
16.0% "So, this book is new to me. I guess I should be glad it's as familiar as the rest of them. Ayla and Jondalar still stopping for Pleasures every five minutes, people notice Ayla's speech impediment and super long-winded introductions on every other page. [sigh]"
01/08/2012
23.0% "I can't believe I'm almost a quarter done and not even two days have passed."
01/10/2012
42.0% "heh."
01/10/2012
55.0% "There's a Roanoke Colony lost cave of Zelandonii…? Whaaaaaaaaa, really? Does Ayla Sue get to solve the mystery"
01/11/2012
85.0% ""But the kill was too late. The enraged beast had had his satisfaction." Oh Em Gee, can NOT stop laughing."
show 12 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Absentminded (new)

Absentminded Scientist Sarajean!!! I WANT to know how this book was. You have to post a review ASAP.

message 2: by sj (new) - rated it 1 star

sj Absentminded wrote: "Sarajean!!! I WANT to know how this book was. You have to post a review ASAP."

You'll have to wait til I post about it in a few weeks on Trashy Tuesday! But seriously, I can PM you when I'm done...and then I still have one more to read.

message 3: by Absentminded (new)

Absentminded Scientist I'll be waiting for the PM then. I do not have the patience to wait for the official post. Though I'll be commenting on the official post anyway. :D

message 4: by sj (new) - rated it 1 star

sj :D I'll have the post about Valley of Horses up tomorrow, and will probably write the rest of them this week sometime so that they're ready. Meg and I are supposed to talk about illustrations later today, too.

message 5: by Absentminded (new)

Absentminded Scientist You know, that conversation you posted on your blog, the one with Meg... She's one helluva character! Tell her from me that she's really cute. :)

message 6: by sj (new) - rated it 1 star

sj bahahahaha! She really is. I will pass it on for you.