Sunil's Reviews > Blackout

Blackout by Mira Grant

May 29, 12

bookshelves: own, favorites, 2012
Read from May 22 to 28, 2012

It is very difficult to review Blackout without spoiling the excellent Feed and Deadline , so I will say that I loved it despite recognizing several flaws presented in this spoilery review, although I can't completely envision what the book would be like any other way. I love that each book in the trilogy has a different narrative structure, I love spending time with the After the End Times crew, I love the thought and detail that's put into the science and politics, I love the journalistic idealism that shines through the conspiracy, and I love explosions. Please allow me to express my opinions in blurb form.

"Blackout is so addictive that every minute you do not spend reading Blackout will be spent waiting to read Blackout. Assuming you can tear yourself away from it in the first place."

"At one point, Shaun Mason declares, 'Fuck it. Let's blow some shit up.' If only so we can describe Blackout as the EXPLOSIVE conclusion to the Newsflesh Trilogy."

"Grant's potent mix of sci-fi, horror, and thriller will have you up all night and listening for zombies at every corner."

"Blackout is like Fifty Shades of Grey except instead of erotica, you get zombies, instead of Twilight fanfic, you get zombies, and instead of clunky prose, you get zombies."

"There actually aren't a lot of zombies in Blackout. The real threat is all too human. In a post-zombie society, whom should we fear more, the zombies or ourselves?"

"Blackout is a great book to throw at your friends! It really leaves a mark."

Also, the book is dedicated to me. So there's that.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blackout.

Khaalidah Muhammad-Ali Sunil, I can't think of a greater honor than having a book dedicated to one's self. How awesome that must be!