seak's Reviews > Perfect Shadow

Perfect Shadow by Brent Weeks

Jan 20, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read from January 07 to 09, 2012

Assassins going to assassinate people all assassin-like. Add crazy awesome magical abilities, immortality, love, shadows, betrayals, and constant action. You may just have Perfect Shadow: A Night Angel Novella.

I don't think I'd recommend diving into Perfect Shadow without having already read the rest of the Night Angel Trilogy, or at least the first book, The Way of Shadows. It's a great series especially if you want a book/series that's really hard to put down. With all its faults, it's so much fun.

If you haven't read the trilogy, or at least book one, then you may not want to read further...

Perfect Shadow takes us back in Durzo Blint's history. He's just around 700 years old, so he's got plenty to go around. We learn things not only from his distant past, but also how he got to where he is at the start of the main sequence, just before Kylar comes into the picture.

In a kind of Name of the Wind style (but a little more confusing), Durzo Blint, tells us his story as he sees it.

As I mentioned above, there's plenty of assassinining going on and a nice little plot with Momma K, to take out all the wetboys (super-assassins) in the city.

The writing isn't going to win any awards, but the action and imagination are what keep me coming back.

4 out of 5 Stars
15 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perfect Shadow.

01/07/2012

message 1: by karen (new)

karen wow. it might just be the painkillers, but this review cracked me up.

seak Hahaha, that cracks ME up. I was in a bit of a painkiller mood when I wrote it too. Also pretty sure it's just the painkillers though. :)