Tom Goodwin's Reviews > Jesus, My Father, The CIA, and Me: A Memoir. . . of Sorts

Jesus, My Father, The CIA, and Me by Ian Morgan Cron

M 50x66
Jan 07, 2012

Read in December, 2011

Refreshingly funny and heartrendingly familiar. This book captures the essence of my childhood and so many memories that I thought God would want me to suppress and move past now that I have come to Christ. This memoir helped me to see the that the course of my life is truly a story that God is writing and that He has been present all along. Instead of creating new memories alone (which I do often), I am intrigued to explore the memories of my childhood and ask God to show me His rope that he tied to me long ago. Thanks Ian for capturing so many wonderful memories and writing them in such a whimsical, captivating and hilarious fashion. Your dysfunction became mine as I recalled difficult times which interestingly still provided a sense of comfort. I look forward to sharing this book with my 7 siblings as well as my mother. It is sure to evoke some meaningful conversations.

I read it again Dec 30-31.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jesus, My Father, The CIA, and Me.