Stephanie's Reviews > City of Lost Souls

F_50x66
May 29, 12

bookshelves: to-read
Read from May 23 to 29, 2012

I loved this book!! I really liked the way Clary's character developed in this book. She wasn't as pathetic in this book. She was actually really awesome and brave. She was able to tell Jace no ,and she basically for the part did the right thing, but she was still a teenager. I loved the dialogue in this story as well. I also appreciated the fact Simon was really witty, was willing to help Clary ,but was also willing to tell her when she was being dumb ,like an actual best friend does. He supported her even though he thought she was being completely dumb. I also liked how this book showed Izzy's vulnerability. It was a side of her we really haven't got to see much. I'm also very glad that even though i'm pretty sure I said "WTF??" about once a hour in my head while reading this book,and felt like I was on some supernatural version of the Jerry Springer show that I was thoroughly captivated. I also appreciated the wit in the books that I felt has been lacking given the seriousness of the storyline since the first book. I was glad to see Jace return to all of his sarcastic witty glory. I can't wait to read the last one next year, and am curious to see how it ends, for all of those who stopped the series because of it's annoying drama and whiny characters. I suggest you start it back up again because this book was extremely well written and an awesome read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Lost Souls.