Nancy's Reviews > Another Piece of My Heart

Another Piece of My Heart by Jane Green

Mar 01, 2012

bookshelves: first-read
Read from February 23 to March 01, 2012

I won Another Piece of My Heart as part of a First Read Contest.

This book starts out as one type of tale and turns into another. It starts out focused on Andi, the 40 something woman who marries Ethan who has two daughters and an alcoholic ex wife. The story is told from different viewpoints throughout the book which makes the story more complex and interesting. Emily the oldest daughter undergoes several different changes throughout the book and is at the heart of the story. The book, while fine when focusing on Andi, seems to really pick up when focusing on Emily and how she is reacting to what is happening to her and her thoughts about her parents and her stepmother as well as her former best friend. All members of the family undergo changes throughout the book and it's great to see how each one understands the situation and area able to keep growing and changing. I also found how Brooke, Emily's mother has to focus on her sobriety while helping her daughter, to be a a great addition because so many books just gloss over the hard work of working a 12 step program.

I liked the book. I found it very enjoyable. Some of the chapters started out a bit confusing because at times it's hard to determine right away whose viewpoint is being presented.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Another Piece of My Heart.

message 1: by Harry (new)

Harry The book kept me on the end of my seat they should make a movie out of this. It would be perfect for Hallmark. www.claimyoursnow.com