PepperP0t (ireadthatbook.com)'s Reviews > Insatiable

Insatiable by Meg Cabot

Jan 07, 12

bookshelves: adult, always-worth-re-reading, paranormal, romance, series, series-r-us
Read in January, 2012

I started out loving this book, but it slowed down in the middle for me and didn't pick up with the same zing. I still ended up liking it for a little over 3stars. The synopsis is fairly accurate so there is no need to rehas it.

The irreverence of having a book read as if it is the soap opera that the main character writes for; the hubris of naming the dog Jack Bauer! Good times! Alas, Poor Alaric I wish we didn't know ye so well, for me this character was so out of sync with the rest of the book that he didn't seem to fit. I get conflict but he was more juxtaposition to me. The other characters were so vivid they underlined Alaric's "shortcomings". The plot was engaging enough and as I said the pacing seemed off to me. The world-building was smoothly inserted providing a fairly solid foundation to build a short series on.

If you are in the mood for a little unusual PNR with vampires this could be the book for you - it is fun & frivilous. It teetered on the border to silly at times but didn't cross over. It is an easy light-hearted read perfect for the beach.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Insatiable.