Jennifer's Reviews > I Have Nothing To Wear!: A Painless 12-Step Program to Declutter Your Life So You Never Have to Say This Again!

I Have Nothing To Wear! by Jill  Martin

Jan 07, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: non-fiction
Read in January, 2012

Hmm. Well, good premise. Generally good information. Specifically, I can't take fashion advice from someone who regularly spends the cost of almost my entire wardrobe on one pair of shoes. It kind of reminded me of when I was pregnant and used to lie on the couch and watch episodes of What Not to Wear. They'd give these people $5000 and let them loose in NYC. They'd go home with maybe 4 or 5 outfits. It drove me nuts. I was thinking they could give me $5000 too. Even with spending a decent amount on a few pairs of great shoes and wardrobe basics like dark jeans and a black skirt, I bet I could make 20 nice outfits. I'm just saying. Where is the book for people who shop at DSW, Dillards & Macy's sale racks, Nordstrom Rack and occasionally even Target?

The other amusing thing was the part about finding your fashion personality. There were six categories: Classic girl, Preppy girl, Fashionista, Bohemian girl, Surfer Chick and Soccer Mom. If I had to pick I'd probably guess I'm a bohemian soccer mom? IMHO, Surfer chick shouldn't even exist as a category. Who, even in So. CA or Florida can really go around all day in a bikini and board shorts, and should that really be done by anyone over the age of 25 anyway if they aren't actually at the beach?

Overall, it was possible to pull some pretty good information and some decent tips out of the narrative, but I wouldn't buy the book.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Have Nothing To Wear!.

message 1: by Tamara (last edited Jan 10, 2012 06:14PM) (new)

Tamara Well, if nothing else, I am glad this sub-par read was published so you could share your thoroughly delightful review. Loved it! :)