Babs's Reviews > Wreck the Halls

Wreck the Halls by Sarah Graves

Jan 08, 12

bookshelves: mystery
Read from January 07 to 08, 2012

Okay,I've been enjoying this series, but Jacobia Tiptree and her friend Ellie White are starting to act stupidly and very recklessly in their investigations. While Ellie's motivation is to help a childhood friend that she does not think is guilty of killing her abusive husband, Jacobia is going along to support her best friend Ellie.

Even though the setting is a mall island town in Maine, and Ellie is local, born and bred, their talking to the neighbors is not an unusual act on their part and may help dig important information to assist the town sheriff; in this book they also go off and confront people they think may be the killer. Even through they are going together and not on their own, as some cozy heroines do, I still this this is a stupid and reckless on their parts. I've lost a bit of respect for these characters.

I do think the characters and stories are well written, so I'm not ready to give up on them yet. However, I hope Jake and Ellie show more common sense in the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wreck the Halls.