Kat (Kindred Dreamheart)'s Reviews > Mesmerize

Mesmerize by Artist Arthur

Feb 04, 12

bookshelves: e-reader, arc, net-galley
Read from January 27 to February 02, 2012

ARC copy courtesy of NetGalley.

Okay, okay! It's been a few days now since I've finished this book. I've been racking my brains on a nice way to phrase this review. But there is no easy way, so here goes:

I DID NOT LIKE THIS AT ALL!

The main character gave me a headache. I tortured myself trying to finish it just because I hate to quit on a book. The whole time I was talking myself into finding some good in it, like I do every book that falls a little short on my expectations, because I hate to give low rating. But at last I just can't.

Granted, I didn't read the first couple of books in this series, so I figure they have to be worth something if the author made it to book #4. I'll give you one star for that.

The last ten pages was where I felt the whole story should have been progress wise. I'll give you another star for that.

Lastly, I really really wanted to like Lindsey, but I so could not relate. The half rating goes to the fact that the Mystyx characters all have had cool powers.

Since there's no half rating scale here, I'll give the other half in good faith.

This book just didn't do it for me. Sorry.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mesmerize.

01/28/2012 page 80
01/31/2012 page 193
75.0% "Meh.......Ugggghhh...I am NOT Entertained. Reading this feels like a chore."
show 2 hidden updates…