Nicole's Reviews > The Mark of the Golden Dragon: Being an Account of the Further Adventures of Jacky Faber, Jewel of the East, Vexation of the West, and Pearl of the South China Sea

The Mark of the Golden Dragon by L.A. Meyer

Jan 19, 2012

Read from January 07 to 18, 2012

I love Jacky Faber. I truly do. She is clever and resourceful and likable and witty and daring and courageous and has a certain ingenuity that I have yet to find in any other person, fact or fiction.

I will read this series until the very end. Which I hope is coming soon. Because I want to finish it up while still loving it and rounding out the series with an even 10 books would be nice way to make that happen. The thing is, even Jacky Faber can be clever, resourceful, courageous, etc. in only so many ways, and can run into the same spectrum of characters in any variety of the earth's corners so many times, before all the stories start running together and the reading of them becomes a chore rather than a delight.

I would rather the series came to a glorious, well-deserved ending while I'm still feeling the "delight" and before I reach the feeling of a "chore," because I can't stop reading it since I have begun. It will be so much better if L. A. Meyer is able to stop while he's ahead than go one book too far.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mark of the Golden Dragon.