♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡'s Reviews > Whisper No Lies

Whisper No Lies by Cindy Gerard

Jan 10, 12

bookshelves: black-ops, own, part-of-a-series, romantic-suspence, must-read-series
Read in January, 2012

WOW!! All I can say is wow!

This story had me so on edge & freaked out that I had to set it down a couple times! I kept going back to it, but Wow!

Crystal, the daughter of a retired sherriff of the LVPD, works for a Las Vegas casino as a securitys manager. She is propositioned by a chinese gangster godfather & turns him down. A few days later she is charged for grand larceny, when under her watch, $200,000 disappears, counterfit $20's appear & counterfit chips make their way into her casino. She is later surprised & kidnapped dragging her to indonesia & into the white slavery ring.

Johnny Duane Reed has been hooking up with Crystal since they last novel. Their scenes together are dynamic even though neither one can commit to the other one for their own reasons. You know how that goes. He goes in to resue Crystal alone & later the whole team converges in Jakarta.

The underlying story is the rescue & escape from Indonesia. I know someone actually who had an attempt by someone over seas to kidnap her for "white Slavery" sex trade market when she was in her early 20's. Some places if you google it say that it was something of the past, but it isn't. People request a certain type & get paid upon delivery. It happens. Many from oversees & it's growing. There is a blurb Authors note at the end of the book for further information...

I think I liked this so much because it was completely plausable. AND Reed & Crystal were great together! Spooky bad guy! All in all A+++ 5* read!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Whisper No Lies.

message 1: by A (new) - rated it 5 stars

A Love my Johnny Reed. He's my fav..love Tink..fabulous book! Agreed, very good, suspenseful book!