Jimyanni's Reviews > Climate of Corruption: Politics and Power Behind the Global Warming Hoax

Climate of Corruption by Larry Bell

Jan 07, 2012

bookshelves: science
Read in January, 2012

This is an extremely well-written book disputing the validity of the mainstream-accepted idea of human-caused global warming. It is well-researched, and makes a very strong case for an outlook that is contrary to most of what you might hear on the subject. While the author is occasionally a tad snarky with regard to those on the other side of the issue, he is nowhere near as uncivil as they gnerally are in regard to anyone disputing their accepted wisdom, nor does he sound as irrational as many people on his side of the issue do.

I am nowhere near the scientist it would take to be able to definitively determine whether his claims are in fact accurate, or whether those who take the more mainstream approach have the truth on their side.I confess to bias in Bell's favor: I WANT to believe what he says, because I expect that if the doomsayers are correct, we are faced with two choices. Either we will cause a catastrophic climate change, or our entire civilization will collapse. Neither of these choices are acceptable, and picking between them is a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't alternative that I truly hope that we are not faced with. But whether Bell is right or not, one thing is certain: if you want to read a rational, well-balanced and researched statement of the argument against human-caused climate change, even if just to acquaint yourself with the arguments that need to be refuted, you'd be hard-pressed to find a better example than this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Climate of Corruption.