Sara Niles's Reviews > 2nd Chance

2nd Chance by James Patterson

7201983
Jan 07, 2012

Read in January, 2012

I have read many of Patterson's books and found most to be written in a logical progression style with the 'fact's outnumbering the emotional appeal of the overall story; sort of a 'man's view' of the story versus a feelings view and because of that, I have liked all of Patterson's books but loved only a few. 2nd Chance contains the theme of ' A women's murder club novel' simply because four outstanding professional women meet as friends to staff difficult cases. It is perhaps this element of Patterson's focus that lends more emotional content to the book. The key character is female operating in a dangerous male world while attempting to catch a deadly organized serial killer with an agenda. The subplots include minimal romance, family drama and friendship.

If you like the traditional Patterson novels, then you may like this one less--if you like more emotion in your stories, then, like myself, you may like this one more.

I gave four stars because I am not an avid Patterson fan-for a fan-upgrade to five stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 2nd Chance.

message 1: by V.G. (new) - added it

V.G. " I definitely prefer more emotion in the fiction I choose to read--an emotional base is pivotal for the reader to feel that oh so important connection. There are books I've read over ten years ago that still freshly linger in my mind because of the spirit and passion of the plot and characters. Interestingly enough, nearly all of those types of books that stay with me like that have either featured female protagonists and/or been authored by women. This Patterson book definitely looks like something I'd be interested in reading! Great review Sara!!