Spuddie's Reviews > Fool's Fate

Fool's Fate by Robin Hobb

Jan 07, 2012

Read in February, 2015

As much as I love Fitz and the Fool, it feels like a little betrayal to have to mark this book only 4 stars--it was just a little too long and unwieldy, even for a door-stopper fantasy lover like me. Ultimately, I loved how the story closed, but it just at times seemed to take SO LONG to get there.

Does that mean I'm not going to read the new Fitz & The Fool trilogy? It most certainly does not! I will, however, leave a bit of time and space between.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fool's Fate.

Quotes Spuddie Liked

Robin Hobb
“Home is people. Not a place. If you go back there after the people are gone, then all you can see is what is not there any more.”

Robin Hobb
“Sometimes it seems unfair that events so old can reach forward through the years, sinking claws into one's life and twisting all that follows it. Yet perhaps that is the ultimate justice: we are the sum of all we have done added to the sum of all that has been done to us. There is no escaping that, not for any of us.”

Robin Hobb
“All of life, I wanted to tell him, is in our minds. Where else does it take place, where else do we add up what it means to us and subtract what we have lost? An event is just an event until some person attaches meaning to it.”

12/15/2013 marked as: read