Donna's Reviews > Re-Vamp

Re-Vamp by Mad Doctors of Literature

Jan 22, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Recommended to Donna by: Die Booth
Recommended for: anyone who likes old-fashioned horror stories
Read from January 21 to 22, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Die Booth is a friend of a friend who I have met on a few occasions. I had previously looked at her website but had only really taken the time to read one of the stories there. I like supernatural stories so when she brought out this anthology I asked my friend to get me a copy. You can read about the project which resulted in this book here.
There are several authors featured in the collection but this works very well because they all have a similar writing style. The stories could all have been written by the same author, so there was a good flow from one story to the next. They are divided into sections featuring vampires, ghosts, werewolves, zombies and serial killers, but not in the glamourous Hollywood way. There are no sparkly vampires or angst ridden teenage girls here. These are quite old fashioned type horror stories but set in modern times.
I read the whole book in a couple of days and some of the stories did make me feel a little unsettled. Perhaps I should have taken longer and just read a couple a day.
The book is self-published but it is available on amazon and there is also a Kindle edition. If you like scary stories, give it a go.

1 like • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Re-Vamp.

01/21/2012 page 16