Erica's Reviews > Awake at Dawn

Awake at Dawn by C.C. Hunter

F_50x66
Jan 07, 12

Awake at Dawn is the sequel to Born At Midnight. I recommend this book to those who have read Born at Midnight or those who like reading fantasy stories about camp, romance, and supernatural people. If you didn't like Born at Midnight then you probably shouldn't read Awake at Dawn because they are very similar.
One part that I liked more about Awake at Dawn compared to Born at Midnight is that the romance part between Derek and Kylie wasn't as predictable. A bad thing about this book is that even though they talked more about shadow falls, it wasn't much. I think by the second book we should know more about what the series was named after. I didnt like that C. C. Hunter didn't tell her what she was, but it was cool getting to learn her abilities one by one. I was caught off guard when I found out who the new ghost was talking about when she said, " someone you love will die if you don't stop it."
Overall the book was very good. If you don't read the first book you might get confused in some parts, but not enough to enjoy it. I highly recommend it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awake at Dawn.