January's Reviews > The Seduction of Sebastian St. James

The Seduction of Sebastian St. James by Rachel Van Dyken

Jan 07, 12

Read in December, 2011

Summary: Sebastian St. James is the Duke of Tempest who earned the nickname “Angel Duke” because of his heroic exploits and his impeccable reputation. When he decides it’s finally time to find a wife, his search leads him to enlist the help of an old friend. It just so happens that old friend is also the cousin Lady Emma Gates, an eligible young woman who is also searching for a spouse.

The duke is very protective of his reputation and his family’s name. Emma is hiding a volatile secret. They team up to help each other find a suitable spouse. But what they thought was a great scheme for finding the perfect spouses turns into a disaster when they find themselves unable to shake the feelings they develop for one another. When their respective pasts come back to haunt them, things get complicated.

Review: This was a fantastic read. It had everything in it I would want. Steamy romance (but clean), suspense, laugh out loud sequences, action. The characters were well developed and consistent. Gotta love the hot, fun-loving male lead – and if I may say so, even Nicholas Renwick was slightly more likable in this book. Emma was just the right mixture of strong-willed and vulnerable. Her strength in her circumstances is inspiring.

The story moves fast and throws just enough twists in to keep it going at a good pace. The plot is well-constructed all the way to the end.

Recommendation: Not gonna lie, there were parts I read several times just because they were so good. Out of all of Rachel Van Dyken’s books so far, this is easily the best. I’m looking forward to Books 3 and 4 in this series!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Seduction of Sebastian St. James.