Jewels ♥ My Devastating Reads's Reviews > Lover Unleashed

Lover Unleashed by J.R. Ward

Aug 03, 12

bookshelves: vampire-fun, i-m-in-love-with-this-series, paranormal-romance
Recommended for: paranormal romance fans, fans of vampires
Read from January 07 to 10, 2012 — I own a copy

Okay....I really liked this book but the ending disappointed me. Spoilers from here on into this review......

So with the ending, I was fully expecting that it would include the mating ceremony of V and Jane. I'm also confused about Manny--clearly a vampire, but it looks as though he is not going to fully become one like Butch did, and I'm wondering if that's coming up later or what. Ending seems kinda unresolved overall; happy but incomplete. Still a great read! I totally want the Blay/Qhuin romance resolved. A whole book might be called for at this point but it needs to happen. I'm just happy that considering the possibilities of the plot, that it looks like they're be lots more if this series to read.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Unleashed.

Quotes Jewels ♥ My Devastating Reads Liked

J.R. Ward
“Payne looked back through the glass at the human on the bed. "Yes. I am in love with him. And if you try to dissuade me by the fact that I have not lived yet enough to judge, I say unto you...fuck off.”
J.R. Ward, Lover Unleashed

J.R. Ward
“But by God, he was going to stop running from his cowardice. He had to own his shit - even if it made him hate himself to the core. Because maybe if he did, he'd stop trying to distract himself with sex and drinking, and figure out what he did want.
Apart from Blay, that was.”
J.R. Ward, Lover Unleashed