Monique's Reviews > Caught

Caught by Harlan Coben

Jan 22, 15

bookshelves: 0-to-100-thrillers-drama-plots
Read in January, 2012

Happy New Year friends..its been a complicated and busy past several weeks and I havent had time to read (boo), but am getting back to it and definitely plan to stick to my goal of 55 books this year reading any and everything I can..Everyone always asks me my favorite book but depending on the day and my mood it is constantly changing..And then I have so many different genres that I like--for example this book here is a mystery/thriller-philosophical inspirational family drama and I liked it but I have as my fiance pointed out been drawn to historical fiction, horror and classics so I am all confused..Sigh I can say that this book held my attention and I am starting to figure out Coben's writing style..He is a master of the story within a story within a story technique with at least three different important sideplots going on that somehow all have to do with each other..This book is hard to summarize as there is so much happening however the main story is a missing seventeen year old and how searching for her and the unearthing of a possible pedophile collide and make one heck of a thrilling story.. There are lessons and scenarios embedded in here that really make you think, really make you question your own opinion of forgiveness and redemption. I respected that so much on this book as with the Wheeler family you are given an impossible scenario and have to decide what is best at the time for you and your family..what would you do and can you really judge what they did? Not everything is black and white when it comes to justice and morals--you can say what is right all day but when the opportunity arises and the escape method is there how many of us wouldnt take it..This book entertains you with a couple of great plots, some legal scenes with I believe a reoccurring flamboyant lawyer Flair Hickory and some things to really make you question yourself and make you think..Recommended :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Caught.