Naomi's Reviews > On Haunted Ground: The Green Ghost and Other Spirits of Cemetery Road

On Haunted Ground by Lisa Rogers

Jan 30, 12

Read on January 30, 2012

I read and reviewed this book for the publisher through Netgalley.

There are several points that stood out to me for the 2 star rating of this book. First, the author attempted to cram 27 years of living in a haunted house into one book and just wasn't quite able to pull it off. As a result, the book came off as very superficial to me. I almost wondered while I was reading it, if she wouldn't have done better with focusing on one section of time when activity was at its' highest and focusing on that, while simply touching on the other parts. Second, the book came off as "just the facts ma'am". The book was written with an incredible succinctness. I felt no attachment to anyone in the book. The author alluded at one point that she works in the healthcare field. I almost had wondered while reading if the author wasn't a nurse, as this is a very common and necessary personality trait in the nursing field which I have seen usually carries through to personal life. Third, (view spoiler)

All in all, this book didn't quite work for me, but there was a little bit of something so I am going to try the author's upcoming fictional releases.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On Haunted Ground.