Cj's Reviews > Poison

Poison by Tiana Dalichov

Aug 25, 12

Read in April, 2012

Poison was a fast paced paranormal romance. It grips you until the end.

My absolute favorite part of this novel was the mythology. It's utterly unique and unlike any of the clichéd stuff out there today. Dessa has powers of light and her friends have power over the other elements and I can't wait to see how Dejana develops them in the sequel.

Dessa also goes through a series of flashbacks, which really add to the book. The time difference and setting make these parts some of my favorite throughout the novel.

Dessa is a strong heroine and doesn't let life take advantage of her. She makes her own decisions and is decidedly pretty selfless throughout the novel. Also the fact that she's a drum major and all the band stuff that comes with it was really interesting for me to read about. Although its a minor detail in the novel but it added to its authenticity. Also I like how Dessa is so down to earth. She's not selfish or self absorbed like a lot of main characters I've read about.

The relationship between Dessa and her brother Ricky is absolutely adorable. The fact that they're so close is really heart warming. Their relationship is so sincere and unique I was grinning as I read those parts.

Chris is such a steamy love interest- mysterious at first and then you really start to get to know him. The way he genuinely cares for Dessa is so cute and it's really cool to watch their relationship progress.

This book is an amazing debut by a nineteen year old author (but she's 20 now!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!) . I recommend it to anyone who loves romance and especially people who love unique storylines.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Poison.

Quotes Cj Liked

Tiana Dalichov
“You can't change what is. You can wish things were different, but that won't change the way things are.”
Tiana Dalichov, Poison

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cj (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cj I think you'll love it!! Dejana has an awesome sense of plot!! What's you're favorite aspect of a novel?