Jane Stewart's Reviews > Bad Luck and Trouble

Bad Luck and Trouble by Lee Child

Jan 07, 12

bookshelves: mystery-suspense
Read in January, 2012

3 ½ stars. Not much action until the end, but the last two hours were excellent.

REVIEWER’S OPINION:
Most of the book is learning about and trying to solve the mystery, which was ok, not great. But I enjoyed it because I like hanging out with Reacher. Then the last two hours were great - lots of fun, well done tough guy action.

Again you need to suspend disbelief for a few things. Most of that I didn’t mind, but I had a little trouble with this one. I found it hard to believe that Naegley with all her contacts didn’t even try to use a hacker to break the password protection on a flash drive. Instead the group was guessing passwords which resulted in erasing info on two flash drives.

STORY BRIEF:
Reacher and seven others were part of a special investigations unit years ago when they were MPs in the army. One was recently murdered and three are missing. Reacher and three others from the unit work together to find out what is going on. It has something to do with military weapons being sold to terrorists.

NARRATOR:
The narrator Dick Hill was very good.

DATA:
Unabridged audiobook reading time: 12 hrs and 41 mins. Swearing language: mild. Sexual language: none. Number of sex scenes: four referred to not shown. Setting: 2006 mostly southern California, the desert, and Las Vegas, Nevada. Book copyright: 2007. Genre: mystery suspense. Ending: excellent and feel good.

THE SERIES:
Following is a list of the Jack Reacher books in order with my ratings. All the books could be read as stand-alones, but I suggest starting with the Killing Floor.
4 ½ stars. Killing Floor (#1)
4 stars. Die Trying (#2)
4 stars. Tripwire (#3)
2 ½ stars. Running Blind (#4)
4 stars. Echo Burning (#5)
3 ½ stars. Without Fail (#6)
4 stars. Persuader (#7)
3 stars. The Enemy (#8)
4 ½ stars. One Shot (#9)
3 stars. The Hard Way (#10)
3 ½ stars. Bad Luck and Trouble (#11)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bad Luck and Trouble.