Rebecca's Reviews > Prophecy of the Flame

Prophecy of the Flame by Lynn Hardy

Jan 11, 12

Read from January 07 to 11, 2012

I really loved the description of Prophecy of the Flame and thought that it sounded like it could be quite an interesting book.
I felt that parts of Prophecy of the Flame were quite dry and boring and it took me quite a while to get through those parts. I just personally, found it hard to read Prophecy of the Flame due to a lack of interest. I think for me I prefer it when books tell you about the world they’re in earlier on so that I can get into the plot but in Prophecy of the Flame I was unsure of both the plot and the world that they were in. As the plot went on however, I did find it got better and I began to quite enjoy the book.
I also thought this book is made more for people who like role playing games such as dungeons and dragons or live action role playing games as the story dives into some of the concepts without actually explaining them and so if you don’t know anything about rpgs or larping then you would get lost or confused easily for the first few chapters, after that it doesn’t really seem to matter too much.
As far as characters go, I liked Reba although I felt that whenever someone flirted with her she would think about how she was married but she never actually thought about her husband and how she felt about him. I would’ve liked to know more about her and her husband’s relationship. I think my favourite character within the little party would be Jamison, he just seemed like an interesting guy, it was a shame that he wasn’t in the book as much as I would have liked. I also liked Prince Szames, he seemed like one of those genuinely nice guys.
I enjoyed Lynn’s writing style and thought that Prophecy of the Flame was very well written. The writing style was quite simple but also effective. The descriptions of things were really well done and so I enjoyed that part of the story.
Another thing that I really enjoyed about Prophecy of the Flame were the illustrations. I hadn’t realised the book had illustrations so when I stumbled across one in the book I was pleasantly surprised. I thought all of the illustrations were fantastic and I really enjoyed seeing them in the book.
Overall, I would say that fans of fantasy would enjoy Prophecy of the Flame. I have to give warning though that at first it’s hard to get into the story but once getting past the start the book gets so much better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prophecy of the Flame.