Jenny's Reviews > The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay

The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon

Nov 16, 14

Read from January 07, 2012 to November 16, 2014

Between the storyline and the extremely clean writing style, I really loved this book. It's an intensely nonfictional fictional novel (if that makes any sense at all) in a way that really appeals to me. It's obvious that an incredible amount of research went into this book which I wholeheartedly appreciate. I thought that the jumps in time were used effectively in letting us watch the development of the characters over time and how they change over time--though a bit of me wishes that we could have seen slightly more of the eras we skimmed over whether expanded in real time or in more flashbacks--which I think would have really helped to cement the reasoning behind why Sam develops into the person he is at the end of the book. I thought that the strength of this book resides greatly in the characterization as all of the main characters had a good amount of depth and I could easily see them as real human beings.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay.

07/27/2014 marked as: currently-reading