Aubrey Dykes's Reviews > Gossip Girl

Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar

F 50x66
Jan 09, 12

I read the first book in the “Gossip Girls” series by Cecily von Ziegesar, & the book actually turned out okay! I’m really into girly books with lots of drama & excitement, & that is exactly what this is. Although the main characters in this book are around my age, this story showed me how differently people can behave depending on where they’re from. I enjoyed reading about these girls’ partying & the extravagant things they’d do & try, since the girls around here are nothing like that. I’d only recommend this book to strictly girls that are into “chick lit”.

“Gossip Girls” was definitely a book I couldn’t put down. The excitement kept me on my toes, I always wondering what would happen next. I would assume this book would get quite a bit of criticism, since it’s filled with only girly drama & fashion. Cecily von Ziegesar writes about a group of party girls who go out every night, drink like crazy, make shocking & daring decisions, & gossip like nobody’s business. These girls’ lifestyle is so incredibly different from mine, & I think that’s one of the reasons I found “Gossip Girls” so interesting. This book was not like any other book I had read with this same genre, it was different in many ways. The plot was unique, & this book was extremely humorous as well.

I will definitely be checking out the second book of “Gossip Girls” from the library very soon  From the fashion in this book, to the juicy drama within this group of teenage girls, I loved reading this fun story. Like I said, this book was different from many books I’ve read including the same type of plot. There was a little more “inappropriate” details & actions in this book, there’s quite a bit of cussing & some sexual content, so be aware of that before reading it. I highly recommend this book to high school girls who love reading about glam & drama.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gossip Girl.