Quincidence's Reviews > Linked

Linked by Lisa Alden

F 50x66
Jan 06, 2012

bookshelves: librarything, nook-touch, reviewed, gift
Recommended to Quincidence by: LibraryThing.com
Read from December 30, 2011 to January 06, 2012 — I own a copy , read count: 1

Lisa Alden has great imagery, character development and plot building finesse. She shows compassion for her characters, yet tenacity to do what has to be done to get through the tough parts of those awkward decisions depicted as life choices.
The author’s love for the dreamer is apparent, and as a reader, I cherished the story like the items cherished and which controlled the plot. As I read on, I hoped with those that had hope, I died a little inside when hope was apparently lost, and I rushed through the story faster to find hope again. The mystery, the companionship, the essence of a simple coffee, and how each though possibly mundane on its own…would be the tools that make the extraordinary more believable.
Thank you for the trip on the carousel, the wharf and the froot loops. Why? Cause they are all things that we take for granted and might never see the same again.

Admittedly I put down the book twice; both times it was from sheer exhaustion, and need to get to work in the morning.
When a person reads a little fantasy they hope to find something magical and they in fact, wish for hope. Well readers, there is some in here… but I won’t spoil the story for you, because you are going to have to read to see what it takes to make things right… or can one make it right?

Simply put. There are some plot twists, there are some timelines that are important to follow, and if you aren't good at that kind of math, you might (just might) feel lost, but honestly, I like the timeline, the storyline, and certainly the plot twists. I found the times of relevance charming and relevant to the magic in which it was intertwined.

I am happy to give this book an A for interesting character development. thank you for not making everyone completely predictable. I hate when reviewers insist on submitting a book report instead of a book review, I am going to be honest, the book is worth it, and entertaining.

I sure do hope there is another in the works. Other storylines were placed nicely for other books, can't wait to hear about the authors other projects

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Linked.

message 1: by Casey (new) - added it

Casey Your review of this made me want to read it. Thanks Q! Adding it to the list.