Meg ♥'s Reviews > Blood Warrior

Blood Warrior by H.D. Gordon

Apr 10, 14

bookshelves: e-books, review-copies

I received this book to review for the ReadIt&Reap program in the ShutUp&Read group. Thanks to the mods and the author for providing this book for us to read.

Blood Warrior is a phenomenal debut and start to the Alexa Morgan Saga. For once I honestly can't think of a single bad thing to say.

We start out being introduced to our main character, Alexa. She is always training with her mother, who she lives with, in a place where she is unhappy. She trains so much, but doesn't know why. At first the book seemed like it was a teen drama about an abused girl, but the story quickly progresses to so much more. You soon learn what all the training was in preparation for.

This book has got it all. Vampires, Weres, Warriors, and brilliant world building. For the paranormal romance lovers there is a steamy love triangle (maybe more?) that will keep you guessing. As far as characters we have a strong heroine that is a delight to follow around on her adventures. The secondary characters are all equally as good.

As far as the writing goes, it is superb. There is some mystery, suspense, romance, action, and excitement all wrapped up in a world that is so fascinating and creative. As I said before this book has a little bit of everything, and has all the things paranormal and fantasy fans enjoy without becoming formulaic or predictable. I really cannot wait to continue this unique series.

Recommend for all paranormal/fantasy fans, particularly fans of Vampire Academy and/or the House of Night series.

4/5 Stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Warrior.

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 4: by Chris (new)

Chris Great review, so how come 4 stars?

Meg ♥ Good question. I love an action packed, fast paced book as much as anyone, but there is always a fine line between fast paced and rushed. The very beginning felt a tad rushed. (I guess that's a complaint, but it's such a short part that feels that way.) I just rated it 4/5 because I feel there is room for improvement. This is a debut of a series that has potential to be epic.

Tt (Never Ending Stories Book Blog) Awesome review! Thanks for this :)

Tt (Never Ending Stories Book Blog) oh yeah, I am following your reviews :p