Judy's Reviews > Missing Your Smile

Missing Your Smile by Jerry S. Eicher

Jan 06, 2012

Read from January 06 to 12, 2012

After being betrayed by her boyfriend Thomas, Susan flees to the Englisha world. Devastated and hurt Susan seeks comfort in Asbury Park, New Jersey. Susan hopes to build a new life for herself away from her Indiana home and away from Thomas.

Susan is quite pleased with herself. She has managed to buy some Englisha clothes, went on a few lunch/dinner dates with an Englisha gentleman, passed her GED test and her driver’s license test. Is she really fitting into this strange but fascinating new world?

While working at her job in a bakery Susan befriends Teresa a young unwed expectant mother. Teresa’s boyfriend left her and won’t return until Teresa gets rid of the baby. She begs Susan to find a nice Amish family to adopt her baby. Susan, after much thought, promises to do what she can to help Teresa.

I absolutely loved this book. I gave it 5 stars.

This in not your typical Amish story. The author takes us into the world of a young woman that has left her Amish community because of the hurt and betrayal by her boyfriend. Here in the Englisha's world the author gives us insight into how she feels, thinks, acts, reacts, etc. By the end of the book I was begging for more. I can't wait to see what happens next! I will be waiting patiently for "Following Your Heart" the next book in this series to be published! A job well done Mr. Eicher!

I wish to thank Harvest House Publisher and Author Jerry S. Eicher for sending me this book to read and review. The opinions expressed are mine alone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Missing Your Smile.