Amanda Pace's Reviews > A Million Suns

A Million Suns by Beth Revis

Jun 04, 12

Read in November, 2011

I loved Across the Universe by Beth Revis and love Beth Revis just as much. In case you have not read Across the Universe, you have about two weeks to do so and I highly recommend that you do! A lot of people that I know were a bit hesitant to pick up a book that seemingly zaps us into a sci-fi world, but Beth Revis herself admits that the sci-fi element isn't too overpowering and I agree! If you are a bit nervous for that reason, then don't be. Beth Revis' world revolves around mystery and relationships, action and emotion! A Million Suns certainly delivers and I was not disappointed.

In the first book, Godspeed felt claustrophobic and foreign. In the sequel, Godspeed felt familiar and unexplored. We get to see through Elder's eyes when dealing with obstacles and chaos and through Amy's eyes when dealing with confusion and raw emotion. Elder and Amy's relationship does not disappoint me one bit! In fact, I find that Amy's thoughts of the relationship are sound and perfect. Besides, they are trapped on a ship together, should she not think the way she does? (You MUST read to find out!)

This book was sociologically and psychologically interesting and I think that the different people that we meet on board the ship really help to understand the magnitude of this "project." There were many parts where I felt sad for the humanity of the ship and the situation that they now found themselves in. However, Elder did the best he could and more importantly he always did what he thought was right.

So, without giving away any huge spoilers, this book was very gripping and kept my attention, more so than the first installment. I continued to flip the pages feverishly, wanting to know what Elder and Amy would experience next, or what they would reveal through their own thoughts. I particularly like scenes when we are in their heads and I always felt like I was in their minds with them. Which goes to show great writing on Beth's part! The end of the book was VERY gasp worthy and surprising for me. I can't wait to read the final installment of this trilogy! Bravo Beth Revis and I love you! <3
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Million Suns.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Elena Lovely review! I had to reduce myself to pestering my mailman on a daily basis but the book has not arrived yet.. Hope it's as good as you say!