Cynthia's Reviews > Coach Yourself Thin: Five Steps to Retrain Your Mind, Reclaim Your Power, and Lose the Weight for Good

Coach Yourself Thin by Greg Hottinger

Jan 06, 2012

Read in January, 2012

Anyone looking for Inspiration and Motivation......
This is a MUST READ for anyone who is struggling or has struggled with weight issues and is ready to finally conquer their problems and start living a healthier lifestyle!!!

This refreshing, insightful look at weight loss and how to successfully live a healthier active lifestyle was a pure pleasure to read!

The diet industry is overrun with gimmicky, quick fix, magic pill or effortless diet plans. Those plans set you up to fail. I know, I think I have tried them all. Some I did lose weight with but I always managed to find it again.... Instead, this book is an honest account of what it takes to succeed at losing weight, and keeping it off forever. This book is a valuable tool that everyone can learn from.

While reading through the different chapters and steps I experienced so many "aha" moments it was almost surreal. It was as if they had crawled into my head and piece-by-piece they put this puzzle of my struggles together to reveal to me why I had failed in my efforts in the past. Then they laid out realistic attainable means of succeeding. I actually feel very empowered by this book! No hype, just a realistic path to change our perceptions and our relationship with food.

This program successfully lays out guidelines and tools that can be used by everybody, no matter where you are in your journey to losing weight. It is not just about losing weight; they give a realistic guide on how to adopt a healthy active lifestyle and how to safely incorporate exercise as a part of your new healthier lifestyle.

The tools they reveal to you as you read through the book is like having your own little personal life coach there to turn to when ever you need. They were very thorough in tackling issues and roadblocks that we all encounter when we make lifestyle changes.
The most important thing I came away with from reading "Coach Yourself Thin" was the power that comes with knowledge and acceptance. I gained so much knowledge not only about the process but also about myself. A definite must read for anyone who truly wants to improve and change their life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Coach Yourself Thin.