Nikki Wilde's Reviews > Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble

Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble by H.P. Mallory

Jan 07, 12

Read from January 06 to 07, 2012

I recently needed to read a book for a review and didn't realize it was book 3 in a series. I refuse reading books out of order because it just feels wrong and I prefer to have the whole picture when starting a novel. So I picked this one up. Luckily, for me I love the paranormal, supernatural romance.

Basically, Jolie an ordinary women who does tarot readings gets a visit by a mysterious stranger, Rand. He wants her to read him not the cards. Soon after their last visit things start to spin out of control for self-conscious Jolie. She discovers she is a witch and can reanimate the dead. A dangerous power that everyone wants to control.

A few things in this novel bothered me. One was the fact that it seemed like all the supernaturals surrounding Jolie were beautiful or handsome or attractive and she felt drawn to all of them. Perhaps, Jolie is just attracted to almost everyone in the novel?

If I'm being honest, I suppose I found myself attracted to most of the men in the novel as well. Mainly, Rand and Sinjin. Hopefully, there's lots more of Sinjin to come.

One other thing I didn't really like was how the novel ended. Luckily, I don't have to wait long because I already have the second book downloaded. The thing is, it left me with so many questions. Not to spoil anything but was someone helping Jolie? I have a few thoughts.

Obviously, what irritates me is Rand. He clearly wears his emotions on his shoulder or perhaps aura but why he's acting the way he is is beyond me. I suppose if he didn't it wouldn't be an enjoyable book but he frustrates me to no end at times.

I like how there is no way to predict how this book is going to go. There is no one way or the other it just is. It unfolds in a way that makes predicting nearly impossible. I love that and I cannot wait to get into the next book to continue the journey Jolie is on. I hope it all works out for her but we'll see.

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble.