SassySami's Reviews > Shoulda Been a Cowboy

Shoulda Been a Cowboy by Lorelei James

Jan 19, 12

bookshelves: owned
Read on January 19, 2012

This might be my favorite of the Rough Rider series so far. When Domini was introduced in a previous book, and again at the beginning of this book, she was purposely portrayed as a sweet, shy little girl who obviously longed for Cam from afar. Luckily, we get to see her steely core as she stands up to Cam, proving to him that she knows what she wants, and what she wants happens to be him. All of him, not just the image he projects because he's afraid to let anyone get too close. Cam is a true alpha male, and a man in uniform, both of which make me go all fuzzy inside. But like all men, he's afraid people will see him as weak because he lost his leg in Afghanistan.
But

During the course of this story, these two stubborn people have to come to terms with each other, and of course there are a few bumps in the road, which I'll let you discover on your own. But before they can make it to Happily Ever After, they have to learn to trust each other.

It's a great book, and as always, I look forward to the next McKay love story.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shoulda Been a Cowboy.