Lisazj1's Reviews > The Knife of Never Letting Go

The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness

Aug 28, 15

bookshelves: favorites, real-book-shelf, awesome-paranormal, dystopian
Read from July 08 to 15, 2012

I can't believe this has sat for so long in one of the many piles of books in my office, while I continually picked something else every time I needed a new book to read.

Dystopian society books are very popular right now. Patrick Ness published this book in 2008 and I'M JUST NOW HEARING ABOUT IT?? That is a travesty.

This is so many things. It's dark and scary, tautly emotional, brilliantly written. It grabbed me from the beginning and never let me go, not even at the end. ESPECIALLY not at the end.

There is nothing I can say about what happens without spoiling, and honestly there's nothing I can say that will do justice to how completely I have been drawn into Todd & Viola's world and how invested I am in what has happened to them, and what I'm afraid WILL happen to them.

At almost 500 pages, it isn't a short book. I had marked it as reading several days ago, but I really just picked it up for the first time late last night, and then tore through the whole thing today. Reading it was like sitting in a movie theater on the edge of your seat, and when it ends, you're "NO, I'M NOT DONE". Then you look and discover it's been a 3 hour movie. And I am SO not done with this.

Read it. You'll be hooked too.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Knife of Never Letting Go.

07/14/2012 page 178
07/14/2012 page 317
66.0% "I love how Manchee ends up being so badass."