Samantha's Reviews > An Affair with Mr. Kennedy

An Affair with Mr. Kennedy by Jillian Stone

2021465
Mar 21, 12

Read in February, 2012

An Affair With Mr. Kennedy was a pleasurable mix of romance and suspense that I enjoyed until the very last page. Set in England, the main character Zac is a Scotland Yard detective on the hunt for the individuals that have been responsible for setting off bombs and causing trouble for the city of London. His new tenant Cassie has relations to one of the men he suspects to be behind the bombings which spikes his interest in her. But it is just Cassie that he soon finds himself completely enthralled with.

This was such a entertaining read and one that I just couldn't get enough of. I loved Cassie's character! She wasn't your stereotypical heroine....she was independent, feisty, and witty. I found her to be the perfect match for Zac as he was more uptight than she was. It was fun to see the two of them get to know each other, and they really fit well together. I was never really good at history so I wasn't familiar with some of the historical details shared in the story but it didn't affect my enjoyment of the novel whatsoever. In fact, it made me want to learn more about that time period. The suspense especially towards the end of the book really had me turning pages. When the book ended I was sad because I wanted to read more about Zac and Cassie. My only complaint with the book was how fast the relationship developed between Cassie and Zac. Since they were so different I wouldn't have minded seeing a little more give and take before they progressed to that next level. But that is my preference...I always like it when the main characters have to work a bit harder to develop their relationship.

All in all, this was a really solid romance and I can't wait for the next book to come out! I will be pre-ordering it for sure :) I have my fingers crossed that we will see more of Cassie and Zac...but honestly I just can't wait to see what the author comes up with next. I was in the mood for a good romance and this book definitely fit the bill. Highly recommended!

Bottom Line: A fun romance that instantly captivated me!

Disclosure: I was lucky enough to be sent a copy of this book from the author. This is my honest opinion on the book. But thank you again to the author for sending it to me!!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Affair with Mr. Kennedy.