FasterKillFastPussycat's Reviews > Draw the Dark

Draw the Dark by Ilsa J. Bick

Jan 13, 12

Read from January 06 to 13, 2012

** spoiler alert ** When I first started this book I was a little confused but intrigued.......I want to give this book 2 stars because of the parts in that were almost enjoyable but overall the story just wasn't good.....It starts out with alot of potential that goes nowhere.....Christians magical drawing ability and how he goes back in the past is kind of cool or even how he draws people and they die.....his reference to the sideways place and how he thinks his parents are trapped there is the most idiotic part of the story......the fact that everyone he draws seems to die makes me annoyed that he hasn't just drawn the asshole who has been violently tormenting him the whole story.....The ending of this book was awful.....you still have no explanation of what the sideways place is but he goes there....and there is no explanation exactly for where Marta went or Catherine Bleverton mysteriously drowning right after the murder......Too many loose ends and the whole Halloween party fiasco and that damn door...just awful.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Draw the Dark.

Quotes FasterKillFastPussycat Liked

Ilsa J. Bick
“I am a ghost in a land of phantoms and forgotten nightmares.”
Ilsa J. Bick, Draw the Dark

Ilsa J. Bick
“Follow your heart. Just don't get lost.”
Ilsa J. Bick, Draw the Dark

01/07/2012 page 8
2.0% "Only on page 8 and I can already tell that this is going to be an odd read.....Hopefully odd in a good way..."
01/08/2012 page 58
18.0% "I am enjoying this story more and more but there is alot going on and I often find myself confused and flipping back thru pages to try to figure out what IU'm missing or forgot that was important."
01/10/2012 page 122
37.0% "a strange and yet good book.................I was reading it in the tub and it was so good I did more reading than washing...lol!!!"
01/12/2012 page 228
70.0% "I'm dying to get to the end of this since I have read such mixed reviews.....awful and wonderful.....and as I'm reading soo many ideas are jumping around that I don't know what to think or how to feel about this book."